Albany Composite Squadron GA-002 has been selected for the 2018 Quality Cadet Unit Award. We will receive a certificate and a streamer for our guidon.
Any cadet unit that displays strong program fundamentals can earn the Quality Cadet Unit Award. This award motivates squadrons to pursue goals that will inevitably lead to their having a vibrant Cadet Program. The award is purely objective. Cadet and composite squadrons who meet the challenging criteria below automatically earn the award. The award can serve as a helpful management tool. Local leaders can use its award criteria to gauge the relative health of their Cadet Program. Wing leaders can use the program data to identify squadrons that are flourishing, and perhaps use leaders of those outstanding units to mentor leaders in nearby units that did not earn the award.
Award winners are determined by their performance from 1 September 2018 through 31 August 2019. The award criteria are entirely objective. Any unit that meets at least 6 of the 10 criteria listed below, as of 31 August 2019, qualifies:
- Cadet Achievement: 45% of cadets on roster have attained the Wright Brothers Award Adjusted for ’19
- Orientation Flights: 70% of cadets on roster have participated in at least 1 flight
- Retention: Unit retained 50% of first year cadets during previous year
- Adult Leadership: Unit has at least 3 Training Leaders of Cadets graduates on its roster
- Encampment: 55% of cadets on roster have completed encampment Adjusted for ’19
- Growth: Unit’s cadet roster increased by 10% or 10 cadets during previous year
- Aerospace: Unit earned the Aerospace Excellence Award (AEX) during previous year or unit sent in an AAR after ordering a STEM Kit
- Enrollment: Unit has at least 35 cadets listed on its roster
- Outside Activities: Unit participated in CyberPatriot, Team America Rocketry Challenge, StellarXplorers, or hosted a Red Ribbon Leadership Academy Adjusted for ’19
- Emergency Services: 60% of cadets on roster have GES certification